Please read the job descriptions below and send your applications in! We are looking for people who do not only want a job, but want to be part of The HistoryMakers family.
Full-time Travel & Logistics Coordinator needed for scheduling of video production crews for video oral history interviews of African Americans across the country. The Travel & Logistics Coordinator will schedule approximately twenty (20) interviews with potential HistoryMakers every other week or forty (40) interviews per month in four different cities/regions. Each video production crew is comprised of a videographer and oral historian. Candidates must have prior experience scheduling video production crews and possess strong multi-tasking, administrative, organizational, phone and database management skills. This position is required to work 50-60 hours per week out of The HistoryMakers' office.
• 4-5 years of customer service or travel agency experience.
• Type 60+ words per minute
• Professional voice and phone presence.
• Strong administrative skills and the ability to multi-task
• Strong expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Power Point)
• Knowledge and experience with FileMaker Pro
• Excellent file and desktop management skills
• Prior experience with a start up a plus and the desire to work in a non-profit environment mandatory
Type: Full Time
Back To Top
Candidates must be comfortable using the entire Microsoft Office suite, type 65-80 wpm and be able to run office operations for a growing non-profit organization. Candidates should possess knowledge of fundraising event management, maintaining budgets, maintaining an inventory system, and running a physical facility.
Candidates must be able to meet ongoing deadlines and keep staff on task and be ethical, hard-working and enjoy multi-tasking. They must be detailed and able to work in a high-pressure environment and have previous experience booking extensive travel arrangements. Prior project management experience is also a plus. This position is required to work 50-60 hours per week out of The HistoryMakers' office.
Type: Full Time
Back To Top
•Master's degree in Accounting.
•Responsible for all budget reconciliation, budget forecasting and grant management utilizing the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Help develop and implement project tracking systems, financial reports, and cost control and quality assurance system.
• Oversee the general accounting function, which includes inter-organization accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, balance sheet management.
• Manage operational, capital and cash flow budget including restriction of funds and grants.
• Recommend organization accounting practices to ensure conformance with established accounting procedures and procedural changes as appropriate.
•CPA is required.
•1 year of prior fund accounting or government accounting experience.
This individual must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of The HistoryMakers and the ability to function well in a mission-oriented organization with a sense of urgency and ethics. This individual must be also able to work effectively with the Executive Director.
• Significant knowledge of major giving and annual campaigns.
• Ability to develop and manage the systems, procedures and strategies to secure major gifts.
• Effective interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Event planning experience of upscale small and large scale events.
• Video production experience a plus.
• Interacting professionally with diverse individuals of means, including donors, trustees, and volunteers.
• Knowledge of the educational, humanities-related, museum or other archival fields.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Raise $1,000,000 in funding on an annual basis.
• Develop solicitation strategies that meet this fundraising goal.
• Develop an excellent understanding of the organization, its programs, goals, and clientele, and be able to articulate these in a compelling and ethical manner to donor prospects.
• Research, write, and submit proposals on a timely basis to appropriate funding sources as well as develop all follow up reports.
• Develop and maintain an Excel project tracking report for timely submission of documents and follow-up activities.
• Represent The HistoryMakers at all times professionally and adhere to The HistoryMakers confidentiality and ethics procedures.
• Perform all other duties as from time to time assigned.
• Travel occasionally. Candidate should own a car and have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
• Develop and implement a plan to use The HistoryMakers database, special events, website and other solicitations as resources for major gift prospects.
• Develop an effective moves management system to ensure timely identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all major gift prospects.
• Play an instrumental role in planning and implementing The HistoryMakers An Evening With…celebrity interview PBS-TV interview series as well as smaller events.
• Develop all briefing materials, strategies, proposals, presentations, reports, etc. in accordance with The HistoryMakers guidelines.
• Fulfill other duties as assigned.
MS Office, Word, Access. Excel
Type: Full Time