“I can think of no greater contribution to the future understanding of the past and the present than what you are doing to provide this important recording of the words and work of The HistoryMakers.”
– John Hope Franklin | James B. Duke Professor of History Emeritus | Duke University
“The generation of adult African Americans that crossed the turmoil and enlightenment of the mid 1950s is passing away. It is vital to informing and enriching our future that their experiences be captured in a form for all the world to find, enjoy and be inspired by.”
- Howard D. Wactlar | Alumni Research Professor of Computer Science | Vice Provost from Research Computing | Carnegie Mellon University
“Today’s black people lack full appreciation for the overall historical contributions that past and current Colored, Negro, Black and African American person have made. The fabric of America is intertwined with the blood of many, but only known by few. I want to applaud you and your team for such a worthy project.”
– Wendell D. Hayes, Esq. | Alumni Research Professor of Computer Science | Vice Provost from Research Computing | Carnegie Mellon University
“I urge you to please keep The HistoryMakers in the forefront, as it is an essential tool in letting the world know what we, as a people, have done in our lifetimes.”
– Lottie H. Watkins | Lottie Watkins Enterprises
“Our faculty, staff and students were treated to living history this morning as Dr. Julius Wayne Dudley shared his inspirational message. Here at Atlanta Youth Academy, we are of achievers who celebrate the History Makers Program and all who make this possible around the USA. ”
– Derrick B. Lockwood | Principal AYA
"It has been an honor partnering with The HistoryMakers. I greatly admire the work you are doing and I hope that the National Park Service continues the relationship for many years to come."
– Frank Catroppa | Former Superintendent of the Martin Luther King Jr., National Historical Site
“The HistoryMakers joins a wonderful tradition of oral history programs. But they are significant because they are capturing African American life experience from a variety of social, economical, and work backgrounds. In addition, they are undertaking a number of innovative measures to reference and create accessibility for what they capture.”
– Walter B. Hill, Jr | National Archives and Records Administration
“The work you and your colleagues are doing is extraordinarily important and inspiring.”
– Marsha A. Smith PHD | President, Anne Arundel Community College
“I commend the goal of this initiative to tell this inspirational tale through the latest in technology and educational resources available."
- J. Dennis Hastert | Former Speaker U.S. House of Representatives
“I am so-o-o impressed with your project and with your dedication to it.”
– Joanne W. Rudof | Archivist, Fortunoff Video Archive for Holocaust Testimonies
”The HistoryMakers offers an excellent source of multi-cultural curriculum."
– David Borkowsky | CEO & Founder, U.S. Educators.com, Inc.
"The HistoryMakers project is one of the greatest projects imaginable - here you're bringing together African Americans of all walks of life, to show to the young people that you don't have to be famous to be great."
– Rev. Henry Soles
“You and your colleagues are to be commended for the brilliance in the conceptualization of this idea.”
– Molefi Kete Asante, Professor| College of Liberal Arts, Department of African American Studies,Temple University
“Oral histories are some of the most important pieces of history our country possess. Tracing African American history through interviews is an enormous resource and it is vital that this information is shared with the world. …you are a fundamental link to the education of the current generation and many generations to come.”
– Mary Landrieu| United States Senator, State of Louisiana
It's so important... this is our Shoah... I don't know how Julie thought of it, but it's so important to preserve African American history."
- Rebecca Ford Terry | In-house Counsel for City Colleges of Chicago
"Since 1999, the HistoryMakers has worked tirelessly to preserve, collect, and document African American History. Their efforts in this regard will serve as an invaluable educational tool and will assure that the rich historical past of African Americans lives on forever."
– Lonnie G. Bunch | Director, National Museum of African American History & Culture
“I’ve been thrilled to see the ongoing success of The HistoryMakers. I compliment Ms. Richardson and her staff... monumental contribution not only to black America but also the entire nation and the world to be able to access this living history is a remarkable thing. When I think about this archival legacy I'm reminded of a quote: 'legends were for building upon, and not resting upon.' The HistoryMakers are to be applauded for these continuing successes.”
- Judge Shelvin Louise Hall
"I called Julieanna and she said we'd like you to stop by our office so we can meet you. I was looking for somebody like her. I was looking for an organization to record the Negro League ballplayers. It should have been done a long time ago. I think it's great... she's a fantastic woman."
– Johnny Washington